Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Ain’t Dead…Yet

I really got on a roll there for awhile and got SO many things accomplished…then…

I ~ Hit ~ A ~ Wall…

I had this really great idea for some artwork…

It was going to be SO Wonderful….(In my mind’s eye anyway)

It FLOPPED!  Lord it was a HOT MESS! Let me throw in a few random photos in here cos’ nobody likes a post with no pictures!

101_0018_resized

101_0019_resized

 

 

 

 

So….anyhoo…I have sulked about if for a few days and I have gone and looked at it’s horrid self….

Then, I went to the Goodwill yesterday just in search of some inspiration.  I said to myself when I walked in, “I have not found anything in here in ages.  This is probably going to be a waste of a good lunch hour.”

Well, goodies I did find!!  I needed a flippin’ buggy!  Shut up!!  I ain’t kiddin!

So….couple more pictures….don’t want to lose anybody here…

101_0190_resized

So, today at lunch, to Hobby Lobby I go to get supplies for my newfound treasures!  The little manager in there said, “You are in here so much, I need to just fill your buggy.”  I told him he just needed to hire me! Two birds with one stone!

So, I have big plans for the weekend!  Lord help me it involves some sewing, and we all know that does not go over well…I usually end up in tears and have a cuss fit! 

No one will be home….that is a good thing…

So, tomorrow I will post my finds and hopefully…HOPEFULLY, I will have something to post on Monday….

I am trying to be optimistic here…

101_0128_resized

Keep your fingers crossed!

14 comments:

  1. Your kitty is gorgeous (and shhhhhh...I am not so fond of cats) His/her eyes are as blue as yours!!

    I don't think the bird cage looks bad. And the best thing about silk flowers is you can yank them out and start over. Don't give up. You haven't seen some of my stuff! lol!!

    Can't wait to see your buggy full of treasures, funny girl!! :-)

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my Fingers - sounds like FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodwill is so hit or miss for me too. I either find absolutely nothing, or I fill up a cart (and sometimes 2!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh look at that sweet fur baby.

    The bircage was a wonderful idea!

    LuLu~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with all your projects! Your kitty is sure a cutie!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute Lou Cinda... you should have a package arriving soo too:)
    paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see what you came up with. Love your beautiful kitty with the wonderful blue eyes. Hugs, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your random pictures totally distracted me from whatever it is you were saying. ; )

    It happens! I was giving myself a headache last weekend because I didn't have something to finish a project and I wasn't going out just to get one little thing, so it wouldn't be done to link up to any other blogs. Once I told myself, "Self, no linky parties this week; don't stress yourself out over it", I was fine.

    I want to see your great buys! I'm hitting Goodwill again this weekend in my search for the elusive little furniture pieces I want {oh, and those white dishes I passed on last time, if they are still there}.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou Cinda, Bella is turning into a real beauty! She was a cutie, but she's becoming a cat and a beautiful one!

    Can't wait to see your finds, and what is wrong with the birdcage??? I like it!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I went to a thrift store and found some neat candlesticks. I'll share later.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey... back over here to let you know that I've heard from her. She deleted her blog and will start another when she feels better. Email me if you want her address. I can't click on blog addresses because the geeks failed to install my clicky thing. LOL!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, I feel your pain...I hit that same wall when I tried my hand at jewelry making. I have the utmost respect for those who do it so well...cause I sure don't!
    Get outta town...did you find that transferware compote at GW?
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too cute! Glad you were hit with some inspiration and a buggy filled with goodies to keep you busy (or frustrated) all weekend! Looking forward to seeing what you create :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so funny! I like your decorated bird cage! Can't wait to see what you come up with this weekend. I don't even remember where I stored my sewing machine after the last cursing I gave it when I tried using it! Good luck! laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It means so much to me and please come again :)