Thursday, April 16, 2009

Mom....I just had a wreck

The words we NEVER want to hear....I heard. The first thing that flew through my mind is "he is calling me himself, so he is okay." The next thing in my mind was "Thank you Jesus!" The third, was anyone hurt?? Thankfully, no one was.

I asked him what he hit and he said...................A STATE TROOPER!!!

Noooooooooo you didn't!!! Oh yes, yes he did!! His first wreck EVER in his whole 19 year old life and he hits a State Trooper in the REAR!!!! Wonder whose fault that was???????

In his defense, it was a nasty, rainy slick day. He was, I don't know.....about 10 feet from the entrance to his apartment and he hydroplanes and slides into the back of the Trooper who had pulled his car completely off the road, (in order to avoid accidents I'm assuming) and Seth slides right into the back of him! Good news, no one hurt. Bad news, Trooper was mean to precious first born child!!

I fly into maternal ferocious protective mode, jump in the car and drive the 40 minutes to the accident site in about 20 minutes and stalk down the slick, rainy road to said MEAN State Trooper. Visualize this....I was wearing a dress and stilettos, AND I am 5'10 flat footed, so plus the stilettos, I was standing somewhere around 6'1". State Trooper, about 5'8". Let's just say, he saw me a comin!

I proceeded to check on sweetie pie son and then turned to the State Trooper! It appears that the State Trooper came running up the road after he heard the crash of metal on metal and for one split second "thought" about hitting my son! That would not have been pretty! After he and I "discussed" proper procedure at accident scenes, the Trooper apologized to Seth. All is well! Life is good!

Well, except for my insurance rates, which I look to go up in the very near future!!!

15 comments:

  1. Hello. Thanks so much for stopping by our blog. Yes, we could make you a smaller Welcome for your door in white. Since the space is 3 3/4 what do you think about a 2 1/2 inch one? Is there a certain length you would want? Thanks, The Twins

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, so glad he's okay and that you straightened out the trooper (the gaul of him to even think about hitting your child!)!

    When my oldest daughter had her first wreck, she was speeding down a city street, ran a stop sign and plowed into a car load of 7 (in one car!). Thank God, no one was really hurt.

    This was in the early 80s, and my livin boyfriend happened to be a chiropractor. When we arrived on the scene, he immediately went to the other people's car to ask how they were (the police arrived at the same time we did) and when they started complaining about whiplash, he gave them is card and told them he was my daughter's father!

    I figure no one got seriously injured because there were so many in there, they cushioned each other from harm! At any rate, we didn't get sued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Momma bear! A similar thing happened to my son just after he got his license. He was driving my new car and pulled out of his high school when it was raining hard. His friend in the passenger seat told him it was all clear. I still remember the look on his face when he had to tell me. (no cell phones back then) I wasn't mad, just glad he was okay. LOL I am glad your son was okay, and I would have done the same thing you did. I am sure you "thought" about hitting the state trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another idea would be to cut out a piece of paper in the heigth and length you want and tape it to the door to see if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh oh...those DEFINITELY words you want to hear but it sounds like that after you came to Seth's rescue AND gave the trooper a little piece of your mind, it all ended well. Well, except for the higher insurance...but I digress...Yeah that no one was hurt!
    PS: Love you new bracelet in the previous post! TOO CUTE>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why oh why would he ever tell you the Mother of precious boy that he thought of hitting him? That was just plain ol' walking stupid! However it happened, there is a right way and a wrong way and to come up swinging, I think, would be the wrong way...unless someone was pointing a gun! Oh well, I'm just glad your son is OK. Yes, I got one of those calls when mine was 20...he ran over a fire hydrant! I think that was when I got my first silver streak!!! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad he's okay, and do be prepared for your insurance rates to go up. But maybe not. They wanted to cancel my youngest son, but only after his second accident.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a Thank You.... you are very dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So thankful nobody was hurt! You know the suburb I live in the police are just downright nasty to teenagers! Maybe they're trying to put the fear of God in 'em or something? Who knows! I pray I never have to hear those words! I've got a 21 and 17 yr. old, both boys! Knock on wood!!!!!!!!!! I've been out sick so I haven't caught up with everyone's blog. I loved your bunnies!! And I'm really worried about Vanna!! I've left several messages! Even emailed her! I guess all we can do is pray for her! God Bless you Lou Cinda! Lauralu :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad first born son is okay. As for you Mom, you'll just have to pay. Oh heck, I'm starting to rhyme...let me stop while I'm ahead. I was just passing through to say hello but I'm sorry to hear about the bad news.
    It's times like this that we have alot to be thankful for...he is okay.
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the day they are born, we get to woryy. Glad everything turned out OK.

    Laura

    whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Obviously, you don't live in Texas or they probably would have handcuffed you and hauled you in. Not saying that ever happened to me. Just saying. :)

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that he is okay...and I am sure that he saw mama bear coming. My son got rear ended a couple of years ago...just messed up the alignment...they were going to pay to have it fixed and when we took it in, they said, yeah, you need a new tire too...forget it. I'll do the alignment then & it won't cost them anything....

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad he is OK! I can't stand officers of any kind during a wreck. They all get cocky and to big for their britches! Don't forget to email me your address so I can get your gift card out in the mail! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lou Cinda, First I am so glad your son is okay! But girl I had to laugh at the story. I can so relate to Sons and the things they do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It means so much to me and please come again :)