Monday, April 27, 2009

I am so HONORED!!


  • Debbie at Talking Trash has bestowed on me this WONDERFUL honor!! She has given me this award and I am so excited and so humbled by it! For several months I just surfed from blog to blog and admired all of the talent and wit and compassion that I saw in each and every blog! Then, I decided to venture out and start one myself! I had no idea what would happen, whether or not anyone would care at all about anything I did or had to say!! Debbie was one of the first bloggers to reach out and welcome me in! She is the BEST in my book! If you have never read her blog...DO! She is so talented and is hysterically funny and I get so excited everytime I see that she has a new post! I just can't get there fast enough to read it! Humor mixed with such compassion! Debbie, I am truly, honored that you would pick me for this award! Thank you so very much!


    Now for the rules!! You know there has gotta be rules! I am to pass this award on to seven other deserving bloggers, tell them they got an award AND in addition to that, I must list seven things that I LOVE!


    1. I have to say that my faith is numero uno! Without it, I would have NEVER made it to the place I am today. God blessed me with great inner strength along with an optimism that he knew I would need to sustain me. My precious daddy used to tell me that I was resilient....and he was right! I have faced some very tough times in my 49 years and I am so thankful for these gifts God instilled in me. Thank you God for my strength...


    2. My wonderful husband and my boys! Oh, how I LOVE and adore these guys! They are what make me tick! They accept my many, many flaws and love me for what and who I am! My boys have traveled some rough roads with me and then Steve came along about 5 years ago and swept all three of us up into his arms! He took my boys on and has raised them as his own. There not many stepfathers that would buy cars when they hit the big 16, get Seth into college and work so hard to help keep him there. Education ain't cheap! My sons changed their last name to their step father's last name. I think that in itself is a testimony to what kind of guy he is. (Their biological father is not in their lives.) Thank you God for sending us Steve...


    3. I love the beach! I love to sit on the beach and just chill for hours and hours and solve all of the worlds problems! And of course people watch!!! My two girlfriends, Jamie and Janice and I can get alot of serious problem solving done sitting there with our chairs right at the edge of the surf, and our feet in the sand! Thank you God for my friends....


    4. I loved my parents who are both deceased now. But how blessed I was to have them as my parents! Such gifts they were to me! My daddy was only 62 when he passed away and my mother was only 67. I will always have a huge void in my soul, but my character is what it is because of them. Thank you God for my sweet mama and daddy...


    5. I love to sing! Love, love, love to sing! I sing in church, I sing in the choir, I sing in the car! But talk about stage fright! The first time I ever did a solo it was The Old Rugged Cross and it came in the middle of a cantata the choir was doing. I was absolutely TERRIFIED! My knees were knocking together I was so scared. The time came, I walked to the front of the stage, clutching the microphone in my sweaty, trembling hand. I was supposed to wait for the music to start, but guess what? I didn't! No way baby! I started singing that puppy acapella! No music, no choir back up! Nothing! Guess what else! I was so off key it was pitiful!! When I went to sit back down after that debacle and everyone started patting me on the back and hugging me, I knew....yep...I knew....it was every bit as bad as I thought it was!! lol Thankfully, I did get better at managing the fear! Thank you God for allowing me to sing....even off key...


    6. I love to laugh and I love to make other people laugh! Another gift I got from my parents! They were both so witty! So, I learned early on, the importance of laughter. My glass is always half full....ALWAYS! Thank you God for allowing me to see the good.....


    7. I love my home! I love my never ending projects! I love to work in my yard, the smell of fresh cut grass makes me happy. I think I am a little over the top with the yard bit, my family thinks so too....but alas, I get that from my daddy! He was the same way! I am forever changing things around, moving furniture, it is a canvas that is never complete!
    Thank you God for creativity...


    NOW on to seven bloggers that have been so kind and accepting of me, and make sweet comments, even when I have just botched the dickens out of something....and I do have quite a few botches!!!


    Sue at http://luxelanai.blogspot.com/ cos' Sue is so great! She is my adopted mother and she has made me laugh...alot! And she is also resilient AND talented!!


    Teresa at http://cherrycheckers.blogspot.com/ - because she inspires me......


    Stacey at http://poofingthepillows@blogspot.com -Stacey encourages me and is just so sweet!


    Victoria at http://whimseybyvictoria.blogspot.com/ - extremely talented!!!! I am in awe of her!


    Jane at http://blondiesjournals.blogspot.com/ - Same thing~wonderful blog


    Malisa at http://moonlighthollow@blogspot.com - what can I say! Malisa is a hoot! She makes me belly laugh!!


    Lulu Redstar at http://2chippys@blogspot.com - lulu is kind and funny and so talented!!! I won one of her bracelets and I LOVE it!


    Check out these blogs if you haven't already! You will love them as much as I do!


    Now I am off to tell them they got an award!!


    Have a great day!


    Lou Cinda :)

14 comments:

  1. You are just so sweet. Who wouldn't want to be your mom? I feel happy when you are happy. I can feel your joy and enthusiasm coming through your words. You remind me that I have something to say, and for that I am so grateful.
    Big Hug Lou..
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, aren't you the sweetest? Are you just feeling bad because you won my bracelet? :) Seriously, mucho gracias! I really appreciate being loved, but damn if I want to tell seven things about myself! Ok...ok, but I might have to lie!

    Malisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what the best thing about this post was? In listing every one of the things you loved you thanked God for it! You are a girl after my own heart. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award. I love your faith in the Lord and your love of family and friends. Your sincerity, compassion, kindness and friendship show up in your blog. Those are admirable traits. Congrats again. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fantastic award and congratulations for winning it! Will be off reading your choices this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog. Since this is my first visit to your blog, I am so glad that you had posted this award with the list about yourself. I learned so much in my first visit to your blog. I also scrolled down and read previous posts. "The lady next door" had me laughing out loud (although I know it's not really funny, but you have to admit it sounds like something in a sitcom!). I am also a legal secretary, but I have a VERY laid back boss, even though he is extremely busy (his clients, however, are not so laid back, and there are many days I go home trying to make myself pray for his clients!). I'll be back to visit your blog. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your list...what a cute blog you have here...
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey...wanted to come back by and say "welcome to our blog"!!! we are thrilled to have you join us on our journey and we are looking forward to getting to know you better.
    have a great day.
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou Cinda, you really are the sweetest thing. And I'm honored to learn that you find me inspiring. In so many ways, you're a girl after my own heart. Congrats on your award, and thank you for mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lou Cinda, Thank you!! This really means so much! I feel very honored and am grateful you thought of me! You are so deserving of this award and I love stopping by to see what your up to! Thank you friend~So grateful for your friendship!

    Hugs to you!
    ~Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Lou Cinda! I will post this asap! You are too sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY COW...I am so behind in blogging...on behalf of 2chippys..thankyou...thankyouverymuch! We are the two-headed woman Trash named us. You are quite kind indeed. Wait til you meet Lauri...just make sure youdon't have any butterpats or babyheads on ya! ox lulu

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there...just popped in for another blog and wanted to say HI! Don't you just LOVE Debbie at Talkin Trash. She is so friendly and interesting. I LOVED your list of things you love. We sound like we've had similar lives. I lost my parents too early too but thank God every day for them. And I'm a bit envious of you for finding such a perfect husband and step father for your boys. He sounds GREAT! I'm still looking for a new man but I know God has a plan, so looking at your life gives me hope. Thanks for giving me a smile this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lou Cinda,

    Congrats on your award! It couldn't have been given to a better person. It didn't take but reading one post and I knew I was coming back to your blog! You have it all, humor, compassion, excitement and just a lot of well written posts. I am a fan! And I love all the 7 things you love. Some were so funny (the singing!) and some were so sweet (Steve and your kids). I am so honored to receive this award from you and I will use it wisely!!!

    Thank you so much! :-D

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It means so much to me and please come again :)