Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello????

Well, it has been a summer and I guess I decided, somewhere along the way to not blog during most of June and all of July….what can I say…it was HOT!  I have been doing things around the house, not a lot because usually in the summer I am busy going to the river and the beach and stuff and am usually not very productive as far as things inside the house go….I shift into maintenance!  But I have done some things in my bedroom and I thought I would share that today.  First of all, we rearranged the room….when we moved into this house I set the bedroom up one way and for the life of me I have no idea why I arranged it the way I did….or why it took me six years to change it!  This furniture is HEAVY and I guess I just thought it would be such an ordeal I just didn’t want to fool with it.  But I got some of those furniture sliders at Dollar General one day and wondered if they would even work….they did!  In a big way!  It made moving the furniture a breeze!

This was how it was before….from the doorway looking into the room…I just cut the room in half by putting the bed right here…

101_2099

window

101_2135

101_2066

The after…from the doorway….it looks so much bigger!

DSCF0822

changed up the bedding….the quilt is from Pottery Barn…I love this floral fabric!  I made the pillowcases and bed skirt…lumbar pillow from TJ Maax…Euro shams from Pottery Barn…

DSCF0826

DSCF0828

I made the vanity skirt and covered the seat…

DSCF0844

I found the mirror at Trussville Antiques and Interiors and got it to replace the mirror I had here…love it! I have to get something for that long wall next to my vanity….I am on the hunt….shutters maybe?

 

DSCF0838

DSCF0839

found my shabby girl at one of my favorite haunts.  When I asked how much she was, they gave her to me.  I think they wondered why in the world I wanted her, as her dress is all chipped to pieces…but I love her…the stories she could tell…

DSCF0841

I got this piece of marble at an estate stale for $5.  Love it…it is heavy!!

DSCF0830

I have a “thing” for boxes…

DSCF0831

 

DSCF0834

I got this pillow from Rhonda at Blue Creek Home….love it…

DSCF0836

 

Shabby M…

DSCF0843

DSCF0849

So there you go!  See?  I have been busy doing SOMETHING!  Hopefully now I can get back in the swing of things and visit everyone and get caught up!

Thank you for stopping by!

 

25 comments:

  1. It looks sooo great this way! Welcome back. Now can I twist your arm and get you to sell me your "M"

    I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom is so pretty! I absolutely love the fabrics you chose for your bed and vanity. Looks great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great Summer, Lou Cinda! I missed you! : ) Your bedroom looks great. It's amazing how just moving furniture around can change the look of a room. Love that mirror you got for your vanity table. I'm sure you will have fun finding something for that long wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou Cinda,
    So~o~o glad to see you in my blog alerts this morning!!! Oh, my what a lovely Master Bedroom! Love how you've paired the quilt and shams! You have been one busy lady at the sewing machine...love your skirted vanity and the covered seat!!! Your "chippy" lady is charming! Mirrors are wonderful in reflecting the light and making a room appear more open...yours is exquisite! I agree, shutters or a painted screen would be awesome in that area!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Lou Cinda, I missed you! Your bedroom looks amazing, I LOVE LOVE your window panels!! The fabrics you chose are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the makeover! The fabrics, the new location of the furniture really opens up the room. You may have just inspired me to move the furniture in my master around. :) Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your room looks beautiful - very warm and cozy, yet feminine and pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so mch for dropping by, girlfriend. I 've missed you and my other bloggy friends, but I haven't been blogging because I still don't have a computer. I'm on Mr. Magpie's IPad, and I just can't type on tthis thing. It gives me fits. Anyhow,, I was sick for two months, but I am finally better. I mean down for a full two months plus. I'm not sure what it was, but I finally went out of state to my naturopath, and she got me on the road to revoery. that and prayer. anywho, I love and miss you and love what you did to your BR. Looks so spiffy, and I can't believe alll you can do. You are SO talented.


    I am going to try and do some things in St. A. to siff the house up. More onthat later. Miss you and hope all is well with my Alabama buddy.


    Off to do eBay before bed. I have been buying online when I get the chance. trying to pull some fabrics together on the cheap to freshen the bedooms in the St. Augustine house before we put in the big push to sell it. We might relist it with an actual realtor.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make that "spiff" the house up. See what I mean. I can't see or type on this infernal contraption! and forgive all the uncapped words. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's okay to take a break. Your bedroom looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! The mix of fabrics is great - I love stripes and florals together.
    And, it always warms my heart when I see something I made tucked into a room in blogland - thanks.
    The new mirror looks good and your shabby lady is adorable and the price was right!!!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lou Cinda,
    Nice to have you back:) Thanks for coming by for a visit. Your bedroom looks great...love your vanity/mirror.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've been busy! It always makes such a different (if at all possible) to place the bed facing the door. Love that floral as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear ya about the blogging this summer! I just haven't had any extra time, but I really miss all my blog friends! Gonna try to start doing better!

    Your room does look much bigger, love the changes!

    tot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lou Cinda!! Oh girl you had me hootin' "Upside down in a ditch" is pretty much how I've been feeling. I'm so glad that you've only been absent because you were busy with a whirlwind of decorating activity! *winks*...OK and the hot too. I wish we could've gotten a little more hot here in my state. The summer is over and we only had about two weeks of it *sighs* Oh well maybe next year.
    Your bedroom looks beautiful! Isn't it amazing what a little rearranging of the furniture can do?! I too love that darling shabby lady! How sweet that they gave her to you!...And girlfriend I'm so jealous of all that wall space you have! I would have those walls covered in about ten minutes flat! Lol! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just dropping by to say LOVE YOU.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it amazing what a difference it can make moving stuff around. Wow! The room looks incredible! I have to say, one of my favorite things is your shabby "M". How cute is that!? And your shabby girl with the chipped dress is wonderful... I really like seeing the kitty on the bed yoo, so cute. It all looks wonderful

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. The room looks fantastic but are you ever coming back? Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LouCinda,
    BLOG ALERT!!!
    You've been Missing In Action far too long, dear friend!!!
    Stopping by to wish you a Blessed Thanksgiving, dear friend!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lou Cinda,
    Miss hearing from ya:( I was thinking about you back when I was at the Country Living Show...hope all is well with ya.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your red bed sheets and the finish you have on your bedpost.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my... Dear Lou Cinda... WHERE ARE YOU? Stopping by to say you are missed... and check on you. Come on back, K?

    xoxo
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  23. Missing your posts.

    Smiles & Hugs,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 2014, my friend!

    I miss you and just wanted you to know!

    xoxox

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  25. Knock knock. Lou Cinda, I haven't forgotten you. Hope you are doing well. Post for us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It means so much to me and please come again :)