Sunday, May 2, 2010

MET MONDAY

The project for this weekend was to limb up this Ginormous sugar maple tree in our front yard. 

The tree really obstructs the house from the road, not to mention the bazillion leaves we rake from this tree in the fall…AND we have been trying to grow grass under the tree, which has also proven to be a challenge….

101_0739

Big tree….really BIG tree…

101_0741

And so the process begins….and I might add, it was a hot day….a really hot and HUMID day…

101_0737

Bella loved it…she thought she was in a jungle…

101_0738

Ta Da!!  LOOK!  A house!

101_0742

We cut ALOT of limbs off the bottom of this tree…ALOT!

101_0743

I think it looks so much better now, and the grass will be much happier!

101_0746

The foliage!

101_0748

ALOT of foliage people!!

101_0749

I told you it was a humid day…Not conducive to a good hair day….

Just sayin’

Please join everyone at Susan’s at Between Naps on the Porch and Motivate Me Monday at Keeping It simple to see everyone’s projects!

13 comments:

  1. You did a great job.
    Your house looks so pretty.
    I linked to the same party-
    Stop by if you have time.

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you live in a beautiful area. I love the mature trees.
    You did a great job trimming that tree and exposing your pretty house. That was quite the project!! You have more energy than I do :-)
    Have a great week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou Cinda,
    This was a great idea to remove the branches...I always love to be able to see a house from the curb...looking good!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now I can see your pretty home! That's a lot of branches to chop. Your tree will probably even be more healthy now! I hope you took a loooooong soak in the tub after the humongous job. :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never get between a girl and her chain saw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is nice to see the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that ~ there was a house back there! : ) I like to do that to trees, too {limb them up}. I have a snowbell tree in my front yard that I want to actually shade the house a bit, but the branches went down quite far. I wound up doing the same thing and it really has a nice trunk and shape to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just adore mature trees, and have always avoided buying new homes because of the lack of great old trees. But I do agree they can take over the place after a while. Your home is gorgeous and now you can see it. Bad hair days = my pet peeve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look adorable even with humid hair!!!
    The yard does look better.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks like a lot of work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a huge job during a not idea time to trim trees so my hat's off to you for a DIY well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a sweet home and yard you have. Living in the desert I am envious of all the green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lou Cinda, I left you a blog award on my post tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog! It means so much to me and please come again :)